Latest THM news
This page provides an updated list of news regarding the activities of the Commission. Stay up-to-date and register here to subscribe to the newsletter.
- June 2021: The THM Commission is co-organizing a scientific symposium at the Fall AGU meeting entitled "Tephra, volcanic processes, and hazards: A session in honor of Don Mullineaux". Abstracts are due August 4th and details can be found here.
- June 2021: Open-source article published in JVGR documenting results of the Working Group on Eruption Source Parameters and the new IVESPA database
- A new Working Group on Eruption Source Parameters has formed. Learn more here.
- IAVCEI workshop on Santorini Volcano, organised jointly by the Commission on Explosive Volcanism and the Commission on Tephra Hazard Modelling, and associated with Cities on Volcanoes 2020. DUE TO COVID-19, THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED. WE ARE WORKING ON OTHER OPTIONS THAT WILL BE OFFERED SOON
- The THM Commission sponsored a scientific symposium at the Cities on Volcanoes 2018 meeting in Naples, Italy. Session S01.26 Volcanic ash: from monitoring to impacts. Conveners: Takahiro Miwa | National Res. Inst. for Earth Science and Disaster Resilience (NIED), Costanza Bonadonna | Université de Genève, Nobuo Geshi | National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Marco Pistolesi | University of Pisa - Earth Sciences Dept, Alexa Van Eaton | USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory, and Sara Barsotti | Icelandic Meteorological Office
- The Commission supported a special volume in the Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research presenting results of the eruption column model inter-comparison study. View the special issue here.
Latest THM News
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from teh Commission
A list of IAVCEI links to official sites and resources